Three blue jackets in a row made me realize I needed to do something different this time. Following my usual pattern yesterday afternoon I pulled out a bin of fabric to see if I could find something that called my name. I started with a bin of silks and never went any farther. A set of red fabrics nearly jumped out of the bin and into my arms.
For me red is about as far from blue as I usually get. It's not that I don't like red, I just hardly ever work with it.
Here's the set of fabrics I pulled out. The big piece with the swirls and paisleys is one I've had for along time. I just love the patterning and the fabric has a nice soft hand.
I didn't have a good idea of what I was going to do with the fabrics, I just thought that they went together well. Some of them hadn't been prewashed yet so I took them home to do that last night and just let the ideas stew.
Today my ideas started to come together. I decided to do some reverse applique to incorporate motifs from the flower and fern fabrics into the empty paisleys.