I think I finished the red jacket in record time for me, not too many interruptions this time. I called this one Jellyroll Rag. The swirls made me think of dancing and jellyrolls and the color was just like the filling in the bakery jellyrolls I remember from childhood. How's that for free association...
Here's a detail shot so you can see the insets and couching work I've done to add spice to an already beautiful fabric. I've added those sparkly threads inside the paisleys and along the swirl. The couching helped to smooth the edges of the insets, and then I needed to add the threads in other places to tie things altogether.
Once I finished this jacket, I needed to work on some of the more mundane tasks around here. A jacket commission motivated me to do a major sorting and organization of my fabric stash. Kim wants a wrap jacket in blues and aquas for a wedding rehearsal dinner in June. So I needed to go through what I have to see what my possibilities were. I wanted to make sure that I'd left no stone unturned, so I decided to go through literally everything we have.
Here's what our work area looked like while that was in progress. It's a mess, but there's actually a method to that madness.
Once I got everything sorted, I realized I needed a better way to store the fabrics to make them easier to access and use. (One thing always leads to another, doesn't it...) So I made a trip to Target and bought a dozen large clear bins. Now everything has been put away and the bins have been lined up and labeled. I can see what I have and can get at things easily. What a big improvement:
The tabletop is nearly clear now and I'm ready to start the next project...but after Christmas. My son comes home tomorrow, so I'll be taking some time to hang out with my family. Hope you have plenty of time to do that in the next couple of weeks too.