Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Finished with Circular Thinking

I'm writing from the Loading Dock Gallery here at Western Avenue Studios.  I spent a good deal of my morning hour here with a fellow member and friend, Glenn Szegedy, rethinking how my jackets are displayed here.  It was a very productive time and he left me with a long list of tasks to be completed before this coming Saturday's open studios.  I hope I can manage it all.  I know the effort will be worth it.


Over the last week I have finished one jacket and started another.  Here is how the jacket I called Circular Thinking came together.  Following the circular theme of the fabrics, I added inset circles of the same fabric as the lining, couched circles in a similar color to some of the embroidery in the fabric, and a great ceramic button with more circles imprinted in it.  It was so much fun.  I had a little trouble deciding when to stop adding more circles.


Circular Thinking Front
Circular Thinking Back

The next one I've started uses a variety of green silks I found in my stash.  Here again the patterning in one of the fabrics inspired the couching I've added. 

This will be the front
This will be the back.  I'll be adding another line of  couching  on the right.
I have a nice blue with a subtle stripe that I'm planning to use for the collar and lining and some great handmade glass buttons to give it pizazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment