Friday, April 26, 2013

A Satisfying Week of Art

This is a rather unusual occurrence for me.  I have another jacket to share just a week after the last one.  For the first time in a long while, I've been able to spend almost all my studio time on sewing.  I've gotten relatively caught up on my administrative duties and I think our web site is finally fixed and working as it should.  It has felt so good to be able to just concentrate on art for a change.

I've gone for simple and understated in this one--a raw silk blend with couched perle cotton (Stef Francis, of course) and embroidered leaves salvaged from a fabric sample destined for the trash bin.  I call it Leaf Line.
 The details are subtle, but even the inside has not been ignored.

As I finish each jacket, I have started to create a scarf that picks up some element of the jacket.  That's what I'm starting today - a scarf to use all the leftover embroidered leaves that I so painstakingly cut from those fabric samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment