Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Walking on Air

I think I need someone to pinch me to make sure I'm not just dreaming.  So many good things have happened this past week that I find it hard to believe I'm really awake.
It started last Tuesday.  First I had lunch with a very good friend that I hadn't seen in a over a year.  It was great to catch up on everything.  Lots of good things going on in her life.
After lunch, I went to check out a wearable art store I'd heard of from Barbara Poole, another fiber artist in the area.  I wanted to see if it might possibly be a venue for my jackets.  I am absolutely thrilled to say that the store was beautiful, it really does sell one-of-a-kind items, AND the owner was happy to carry my jackets.  (I had brought pictures, just in case.)  So as of today,  my kimono-style jackets and free-lace scarves are available at Dahlia, 97M Union Street, Newton Centre, Massachusetts.  I hope you'll stop in there when you're in the neighborhood and help me spread the word.
The next wonderful thing that happened last week, was that one of my neighbors commissioned a custom jacket for his wife.  This will be the second jacket I've made for her.  When we got together last week, she told be that she'd worn the first one at least 200 times!  And it still looks great if I do say so myself.  This one will be a quilted, reversible hip-length jacket with pieced bands up the front and on the sleeve cuffs.  She wanted blues.  Here are my preliminary choices.  We'll see if she approves.
Then Friday my daughter Sonja e-mailed to say that she'd received an award for outstanding performance in her division at work.  It was so nice for her to get recognized by "the powers that be" at work.  It's just not the same when it's your mom telling you you're great.
By the weekend we were both riding high, so when we heard that the studio next to us here at Western Avenue was going to be available in June we decided to jump on it.  Sonja will give up her little personal studio down the hall and we'll double the size of our joint studio.  We'll knock out part of the wall to make one big space.  It will allow us to expand our display space, hide all our messy supplies, and have more room to work.  It's going to be a lot of work to reorganize everything, but it will be awesome when we're finished.

...so if I'm just dreaming, I don't really want to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment