Friday, February 24, 2012

My First "Formal" Photo Shoot

This past Monday morning Sonja and I gathered with four of our Western Avenue Studio friends in Adrien Bisson's photography studio.  I needed good photos of the jackets I'd gotten accepted by the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen and they'd agreed to model.  It was my first time doing this, so I felt pretty clueless, but everyone made it very easy.

Adrien told everyone just where and how to stand--where to look and place your hands, how to position your feet and adjust your weight on your feet, and so on.  Of course we all got silly which helped me to relax.  Adrien got so many good pictures I had a hard time to narrow down to just a few per jacket.

Now I have a wonderful selection of formal and relaxed pictures that I can use for exhibit entries, postcards and other promotions.  I posted several of the "just for fun" pictures on Facebook.  Here are some of the more formal pictures.
Dance Rhythms - African Hand-dyed Cotton Damask with pieced insets

Sheer Magic (left) - Layers of embroidered silks; Obsession (right) - Silks and linens with hand couching

Obsession (left); Jellyroll Rag (right) - Embroidered silk with insets and couching
My goal for this session was to convey that I make jackets for real women that are easy to wear and make you feel beautiful.  I think that comes through--do you?

Now that I have these, my next step is to submit my application for the Craftwear exhibit and shop at the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen's show in Sunapee, NH next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment