Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Celebration Ensemble

It's gray, gloomy and cold outside, but I'm inside where it's warm and I'm having fun playing with color and texture.  As soon as I finished one Free Lace scarf I started on another.

Here's the one I just finished.  As I mentioned in my last posting, this one was inspired by the jacket I finished most recently.
I incorporated small squares of hand-dyed silk charmeuse in colors that picked up the colors of the jacket and used some of the same slub yarn that I had couched onto the jacket.  I cut the silk with a wavy edge rotary cutter so the edges will fray a little but not totally.  When I washed out the stabilizer the threads shrink up a little giving the silk squares a bit of a scrunchy look.

Here's the full effect with the jacket.  What do you think??



No comments:

Post a Comment