Thanks to my friend MJ for giving me the idea for the name of my latest jacket--Blue Skies & Rainbows--in a comment about my last post. That one showed the fabrics and yarn I'd gathered before starting.
Here's the finished jacket.
I cut holes in the outside fabric so that the great batik lining would show through in the front, back and sleeves. I added some iridescent, hand-made glass buttons for accents.
I made this one while we were up in Maine last week. It was such a pleasure to be able to work straight through on this one.
And while we were there we saw both blue skies and rainbows - a fitting cap to the project. Here's one of the rainbows.