Tuesday, October 22, 2013

More Free Lace Scarves

A lot of water under my bridge since my last post just after returning from the LNHC Craft Fair in Sunapee, NH.  So much has happened that I have just not been able to stop to put fingers to keyboard.

I spent a wonderful week on Puget Sound visiting my sister, brother-in-law and niece.  My husband, son, daughter and son-in-law came too.  We had such a good time hanging out together and seeing the sights.

I made a couple of trips to Minnesota to be with my mom in her final days.  During the first trip she rallied and we were able to share some wonderful memories.  During the second trip she quietly slipped from this world and the family gathered to share more memories.

Since getting back to my studio I've been creating more free lace scarves, rethinking the business model for Friends Fabric Art (more about that in another post), and getting my head back into my manager's role at the Loading Dock Gallery.  It is a struggle sometimes to know where I am and what I am doing, but things are beginning to settle down again.

In a day or two I'll be sending a box of ten new free lace scarves to Dahlia for her upcoming Scarf Show.  Here are just a couple:
This one has great fall colors - greens and golds in the ribbons and bits of rust in the hand-dyed silk chiffon squares.

This one has a bit of sparkle from silver metallic yarns and color from hand-dyed silk charmeuse & chiffon.

No comments:

Post a Comment