Tuesday, October 29, 2013

New Lacy Vest

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm taking a break from scarves to try some new things.  Here's a new vest I finished recently.  I just love how the colors work together.
It's made from fancy ribbon and squares of hand-dyed silk chiffon.  In winter I can envision this over a basic black dress or in summer over a cami when you need just a little something over your shoulders.

The stitching and assembly were a little tricky to figure out the first time, but I was so pleased with the result that I knew I needed to make another one.  This time I've done things a little differently, and so far it's been much easier.

Look for more of these during our Holiday Open Studios in December or call or e-mail if you need one sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment